Version 1, 7 May 2018 (effective date)
At SQ Consult we take the privacy of your information and protection of data very seriously. When you visit and navigate our website and when you communicate with us via the website, we will not collect personal information about you unless you provide us that information voluntarily. Any non-public personal information that you may provide via our sites will be used solely for the purpose stated on the page where it is collected. By submitting your details you agree with these terms.
Nomination of Chief Privacy Officer
On 1 February 2018, SQ Consult B.V. appointed Sergio Ugarte Renteria to be the Company’s global Chief Privacy Officer. The role of the CPO is to guide and coordinate SQ Consult's’ compliance efforts on data protection and privacy.
What data may be collected and how is it colllected?
When visiting and navigating this website we only collect data when this is voluntarily given by you. You for example may choose to give us personal information by:
- subscribing to our newsletter
- submitting a comment to a blog post
- registering for an event
- contacting us through the website, by telephone, email or through any other means.
We may also collect some information automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser, to improve the functionality of our website. This information may include your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
How is the data used?
We may use your personal information that is voluntarily given by you to provide you with the requested service such as receiveing the requested newsletter, facilitate your participation in an event or contacting you to respond to your request send to us. The information provided will only be used for the purpose stated and will not be used for any other means except when required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or the rights of others, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web sites.
Please be aware that when you voluntarily make your Personal Information available for viewing by third parties online, such as submitting a comment to a blog post, your information can be viewed, collected, and used by individuals and companies outside of SQ Consult. SQ Consult is not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
Information automatically via cookies will only be used to improve the functionality of our website for your purposes.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current EU Cookie Law (2009/136/EC) and the GDPR.
Who do we share data with?
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly
- to third party service providers that assist in organisation of the event for which you have submitted your personal information
How long do we keep your information and how do we keep it secure?
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information, including storing your information on secure servers and limiting access to your personal information only to staff members directly involved in the activity for which you have submitted your information. Technical and organisational measures also include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting our Chief Privacy Officer.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct - the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your personal information - the right to "block" us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information.
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where consent is our legal basis for processing your personal information), please contact our Chief Privacy Officer.
You may access and print-off any or all of the pages for personal non-commercial use only. Any other use of the content needs the prior written consent of SQ Consult.